This is one of my favorite things to make because its so quick and so pretty! Its like a beautiful safe night light that mimics a real candle (it uses a flameless LED tea light).
Tip: Its great for kids rooms and can even be made to match their décor :) You can also use double sided stock paper for this to get a really awesome silhouette effect when lit!
What you will need:
- Stock paper
- Scissors or a Paper Cutter
- A votive holder
- Mod Podge (or a glue)
- A flameless LED tealight candle or an actual tea light candle
- Hole punch, preferably a shaped one for a more intricate design
- First wrap the stock paper of your choice around your votive holder to get an idea of the length of paper you will need. I wrap mine around so it overlaps slightly so it doesn’t possibly end up too short. I also use a paper cutter instead of scissors for a more precise and clean cut.
- Once your paper is cut, grab your hole puncher. I used a star shaped design from the Martha Stewart Line. Punch your pattern along the top and the bottom of your paper.
- Grab your Mod Podge (or glue) and a paint brush or similar to apply it if you like, and run a small line of Mod Podge down the glass of the votive from the rim to the bottom. Line up your stock paper so that one edge is laid over the line of Mod Podge you have just applied. Then lay another line of Mod Podge over the edge that you have just adhered to the votive. Wrap around the remainder of the stock paper and lay it over the glued down edge of stock paper so that it overlaps and is laying on top of the line of glue you have just applied. Make sure everything lines up nicely and press down firmly to make sure it sticks.
Next grab your flameless tea light, or real tea light if your prefer and enjoy!
To save the most you can at Amazon, check out my Amazon write up here! I have listed some tips to help you save the most on your Amazon purchases. I hope its of some benefit.
If you want to sign up for the newsletter but are only interested in receiving the CRAFT postings then please join here.
*To shop the Craft Supply Store then please go here.*