Wall Vase Tutorial
This is a Tutorial that will show how you can display your flowers on your wall in a beautiful and unique way.
You will need the following supplies:
- A Wooden Plaque (you can get them in so many different sizes and shapes)
- Glass Vase (with at least one flat side!)
- E-6000 Glue
- Ready Nail (or any alternate thing you would like to choose to hang your Wall Vase)
- Your flowers! (I used Dried Lavender)
- Any supplies you choose for decorating your wall plaque and or vase
- First go ahead and attach your Ready Nail to the back of your plaque, its easiest when it’s done first, and less chance of messing up your finished product. This is just a simple method for attaching your Wall Vase to the wall, there are so many alternate ways you can attach it.
- Decorate! Paint your wooden plaque, or decoupage it, embellish it with gems, ribbons, lace, whatever you like! Same with your vase! You can leave it as is or paint it, frost it, use silk screen stencils on it, wrap it in lace, and endless other possibilities! I chose to try using an adhesive silk screen stencil on my vase as pictured below. This is done by sticking an adhesive silk screen to your surface and using a roller or sponge to paint through the silk screen. You then carefully peel back the adhesive silk screen stencil and immediately wash the paint off of it. For my wooden plaque I just painted it black and glued on some pretty gem embellishments in each corner.
3. After all your paint, glue, whatever the case may be, has dried, you will want to glue your vase to your wooden plaque. I used E-6000 glue, which is super strong so perfect for something like this. I covered every inch of the back of my vase with glue. I then pressed it to my wooden plaque firmly, holding it down for awhile. Be careful that you don’t put so much glue though, that when you press your vase to the plaque, glue seeps out from the sides of your vase.
4. Hang and enjoy! Below is my finished project. If you decide to make one yourself I would love to see what you come up with!
If you want to sign up for the newsletter but are only interested in receiving the CRAFT postings then please join here.
*To shop the Craft Supply Store then please go here.*